24 May 2006

Belated Mother's Day bouquet to my daughter


Mother’s day has long come and gone and I had put up a tribute to my mother. But now I thought I would like to post a tribute to my daughter, a one-year mom. She is a working girl and feels all the guilt that many such mothers feel. She was so very upset for example, when she missed seeing her son’s 2nd tooth. She desperately wants to work from home and is trying to get such a job. She juggles her work and her home like so many other women I know—and so is not special that way. Besides, being here in India, means that she has house help to help with cooking and cleaning.

What made me think of doing this post was that not too long ago she asked me if she was a good mom and I was able to say wholeheartedly that she was. To me what I see is a mom who loves her baby. He knows he’s top priority in her life. She’s easy with him meaning the right amount of flexibility, an absolute essential I think when bringing up kids—if you don’t want to go berserk. Of course it maybe that the Supreme Power has given her son an easy-going nature. But whatever it is, the fact that the baby is friendly, and self-confident, shows, to me atleast, that she’s a first rate mom. Here’s to you daughter dear, belated happy mother’s day.


6 comments:

  1. sort of I guess. But then, one thing about pregnancy--gives one 9 months to get used to the idea :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. your blog looks pretty good too:) Nice header, is that from home?

    ReplyDelete
  3. no. it's from the net actually.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just stopped to say hello. You have a nice blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi hillgrandmom, I can see how proud you are of your daughter. As we know, motherhood is a full time job and being able to be a good Mother and also work outside the house takes a lot of hard work. I wish her and her baby a wonderful future. I also felt sad when I had to leave one of my sons when he was small, but we needed the money so I felt I should help by getting a job. I wish all mothers were able to stay home and raise their little ones and not need to work till they are older.

    You have to also be a great mother as our kids do most of their early learning from watching us . Then they most often repeat what they learned from us. Your daughter was lucky to have a good mother like you. I can see she considers you a good mother when she asked if you thought she was a good mother. I can see she is hoping to give her baby as good a Mother as she had. Thats a great tribute to you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks 'starry nights'. I've read your blog a couple of times soming there from Dot's.
    Dot, thank you so very much for your kind words.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Do give your feed back.