14 March 2007

A meme I decided to do

I saw this over at Eve's Lungs and liked it. Here is a book tag.

1. The Da Vinci Code (Dan Brown) – I’d read ‘Holy Blood, Holy Grail’, many years before & so thought I’d check it out.
2. Pride and Prejudice (Jane Austen) – I love Jane Austen
3. To Kill a Mockingbird (Harper Lee) – My mother kept urging me to read this book after seeing the movie, way, way, back.. Finally read it much later
4. Gone With the Wind (Margaret Mitchell) Read over a long while back – partly during the time I was being given drip for my daughter’s birth—seriosly!!
5. The Lord of the Rings: Return of the King (Tolkien)
6. The Lord of the Rings: Fellowship of the Ring (Tolkien)
7. The Lord of the Rings:
Two Towers (Tolkien) Am a total fan of the series!!
8. Anne of Green Gables (L.M. Montgomery). I’ve read the whole series and am planning on buying them all one at a time now they’re easily available here.
9. Outlander (Diana Gabaldon)
10. A Fine Balance (Rohinton Mistry)
11. Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (Rowling)
12. Angels and Demons (Dan Brown) -

13. Harry Potter and the Order of the
Phoenix (Rowling)
14.
A Prayer for Owen Meany (John Irving) -
15. Memoirs of a Geisha (Arthur Golden)
16. Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone (Rowling)
17. Fall on Your Knees (Ann-Marie MacDonald)
18. The Stand (Stephen King)
19. Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (Rowling)
20. Jane Eyre (Charlotte Bronte).
I was lucky to have access to many of Charlotte Bronte’s novels while in school. Read many of them.
21. The Hobbit (Tolkien) -
22. The Catcher in the
Rye (J.D. Salinger)
23. Little Women (Louisa May Alcott) “Oh - easily one of my favourites” I second that. Again I have the series.
24. The Lovely Bones (Alice Sebold)
25. Life of Pi (Yann Martel)
26. The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy (Douglas Adams) My son has the series all together and I read that. My favourite was ‘Goodbye and thank you for the Fish’.
27.
Wuthering Heights (Emily Bronte) – Not really a favourite—too dark, but a must read
28. The Lion, The Witch and the Wardrobe (C. S. Lewis) Can you believe it, I read it only recently! Loved it.
29. East of Eden (John Steinbeck) A good read. Have read it more than once.
30. Tuesdays with Morrie(Mitch Albom) Have been wanting to read it for a while.
31. Dune (Frank Herbert) - Must read it again
32. The Notebook (Nicholas Sparks)
33. Atlas Shrugged (Ayn Rand)
34. 1984 (Orwell) - Classic science fiction.
35. The Mists of Avalon (Marion Zimmer Bradley)
36. The Pillars of the Earth (Ken Follett)
37. The Power of One (Bryce Courtenay)
38. I Know This Much is True (Wally Lamb)
39. The Red Tent (Anita Diamant)
40. The Alchemist (Paulo Coelho)
41. The Clan of the Cave Bear (Jean M. Auel) - 42. The Kite Runner (Khaled Hosseini). Wouldn’t want to read it again though.
43. Confessions of a Shopaholic (Sophie Kinsella)
44. The Five People You Meet In Heaven (Mitch Albom)
45. Bible – Naturally!
46. Anna Karenina (Tolstoy)
47. The Count of Monte Cristo (Alexandre Dumas)
48. Angela’s Ashes (Frank McCourt) -
49. The Grapes of Wrath (John Steinbeck) Have read it in bits.
50. She’s Come Undone (Wally Lamb)
51. The Poisonwood Bible (Barbara Kingsolver)
52. A Tale of Two Cities (Dickens)
53. Ender’s Game (Orson Scott Card)
54. Great Expectations (Dickens)
55. The Great Gatsby (Fitzgerald)
56. The Stone Angel (Margaret Laurence)
57. Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (Rowling) - .
58. The Thorn Birds (Colleen McCullough)
59. The Handmaid’s Tale (Margaret Atwood)
60. The Time Traveler’s Wife (Audrew Niffenegger)
61. Crime and Punishment (Fyodor Dostoyevsky)
62. The Fountainhead (Ayn Rand) – That was the in thing when I was in college!
63. War and Peace (Tolstoy)
64. Interview With The Vampire (Anne Rice)
65. Fifth Business (Robertson Davis)
66. One Hundred Years Of Solitude (Gabriel Garcia Marquez)
67. The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants (Ann Brashares)
68. Catch-22 (Joseph Heller) - YES !
69. Les Miserables (Hugo)
70. The Little Prince (Antoine de Saint-Exupery)
71. Bridget Jones’ Diary (Fielding)
72. Love in the Time of Cholera (Marquez)
73. Shogun (James Clavell) -
74. The English Patient (Michael Ondaatje)
75. The
Secret Garden (Frances Hodgson Burnett)
76. The Summer Tree (Guy Gavriel Kay)
77. A Tree Grows in
Brooklyn (Betty Smith)
78. The World According To Garp (John Irving) -
79. The Diviners (Margaret Laurence)
80.
Charlotte’s Web (E.B. White)
81. Not Wanted On The Voyage (Timothy Findley)
82. Of Mice And Men (Steinbeck)
83. Rebecca (Daphne DuMaurier)
and several more of hers.
84. Wizard’s First Rule
85. Emma (Jane Austen)
86. Watership Down (Richard Adams) - I enjoyed it thoroughly.
87. Brave New World (Aldous Huxley)
88. The Stone Diaries (Carol Shields)
89. Blindness (Jose Saramago)
90. Kane and Abel (Jeffrey Archer)
91. In The Skin Of A Lion (Ondaatje)
92. Lord of the Flies (Golding) because my children had it as a text. I did not like it. They did.
93. The Good Earth (Pearl S. Buck)
94. The Secret Life of Bees (Sue Monk Kidd) I loved it! A beautiful book.
95. The Bourne Identity (Robert Ludlum) Not into Ludlum.
96. The Outsiders (S.E. Hinton)
97. White Oleander (Janet Fitch)
98. A Woman of Substance (Barbara Taylor Bradford)
99. The Celestine Prophecy (James Redfield) -
100. Ulysses (James Joyce)

All welcome to do this tag

3 comments:

  1. Wow!! you have read a lot.I am glad to say that I have also read quite a few of the books mentiohed by you.'To kill a mocking bird is an all time favorite

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool tag this one! I would love to do it too. Nice to know that most of the books you've read are my favourites too. Some of my favourites are not in the list. Harper Lee and Pearl S Buck used to be my favourites when I was a in my teens. Since then, I've added many more to the list

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey great to know you share mybooks - have you checked out my library at librarything.com? Oh and I bought Angela's Ashes - promises to be a good read .

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Do give your feed back.