09 March 2008

I did an online confidence test (yes, well...) and this was part of my report. The minute I read it I knew I wanted to share it.

Accentuate the positive. Put your energy into emphasizing your better qualities rather than trying to be an unrealistically "perfect" person.
Cut yourself some slack. Just because one incident goes badly, don't assume its result is determinant of how other situations in your life will turn out.
Accept yourself as a whole person. Try not to be so judgemental of your less favourable qualities. Learn to love the entire package that is you.

I thought all of the ideas conveyed here were good. I really need to pay attention to all three.

8 comments:

  1. I love taking online tests because if I "flunk" I can go back and re-take it until I'm satisfied with the results. Sad ain't it. :))

    Hope you're enjoying the day. I agree with the points you're making. Good to keep them in mind.

    Take care of you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Onedia, I'm glad to know there's someone else like me. I always think 'oh now they'll know I'm a con'!
    Moanna, I really so love online tests :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Put your energy into emphasizing your better qualities rather than trying to be an unrealistically "perfect" person" This is very wise. Sometimes I try to see what I am doing wrong in order to improve but very often I end up just seeing the negative and not really focusing energy on the positive.

    Thanks for sharing,

    Have a lovely week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. HG My Firo B test shows a remarkable lack of self esteem - which relects my feelings that whatever I do is not good enough and there is a continuous striving ,guilt and self reprisal. Not worth it I tell you .

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous9:10 pm

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I take online tests, too...i know you know this is coming...but they are the real thing. No retakes. LOL. I go online, go to the college website and sign in. I'm in class. Best thing about it is that I can be wearing a bathrobe and fuzzy slippers. ;)

    It's nice to repeat the "other" kind of online tests just to see what the results would be.

    :) HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous6:01 pm

    Hgm,
    those are good lessons - for me. I always second guess myself.
    Nice post. Made me think. Like all your posts do.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous4:21 pm

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Do give your feed back.