12 June 2008

A book tag

I'd been tagged by La Delirante a while back. Sorry I took so long to do it :(
This is what the tag is:

1. Pick up the nearest book.

2. Open to page 123

3. Find the fifth sentence.

4. Post the next three sentences.

5. Tag five people, and acknowledge who tagged you.

' But it was weirder that science fiction, it was hallucinatory. By the time we reached the terminal stop, I was ready to float off the train and drift across to my parents' house in a fit of transrational magic. It was extremely annoying to find that actually I had to use my feet to get down from the train. peyote and a teacher were both necessary to enter the world described the author. I had felt vaguely cheated.'
This is from 'Getting There' By Manjula Padmanabhan
I don't much like tagging anyone. But maybe Hiphop Grandmom and Ageless Bonding and Onedia might like to do this?

6 comments:

  1. I'm glad you're back. I've been out of town and busy, too, so haven't been posting quite so much. Just wanted to say that I LOVE the new photo at the top of your blog. That is breathtaking.

    Be well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I miss you. I know you're back, but I want you REALLY back. How else am I to feel like I've traveled? Your blog transports me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks all. The photo isn't by me. A daughter took it. She is a good photographer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks hillmom. Did it already.
    Have not ready manjula. I think I will try to get hold of this one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome back :) I have been on and off (blogging) as well as I am studying or trying to LOL. No, seriously :) I have been studying regularly so all this studying is driving me bad :)

    Glad to see you back blogging :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. i haven't read anything by her but I used to read her column . Must read this book . BTW do do post - you're getting lazy!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Do give your feed back.