20 September 2009

Friend heart/fiery heart

So now, I'm back at home from the other side of the world and feeling more human, instead of one of the undead (modern technology does to one by whizzing us around!)
I had a lovely time in the US, spending time with my new grandbaby and her proud parents, spending some time with my brothers and their families, enjoying the mostly pleasant weather most enjoyable and a real bonus--meeting my blog friend Onedia.
This post will be about my meeting with O--one of my oldest blog friends I think.
O drove around 10 hours--the driving done completely by her--with Katha, O's exchange daughter from Germany. It being the Labor Day weekend, I'm sure traffic wasn't easy. They stayed in downtown Chicago.
Unfortunately the day she reached Chicago, I was still recovering from the onset of a cold and cough. So I got to spend just a morning with her. But it was a wonderful day!
Firstly, although the forecast had predicted rain, it turned out to be a glorious morning as I walked--meandered--along Wacker Drive, and the 'Magnificient Mile'. I did attract a few glances during my 2 mile walk (which took me close to an hour incidentally), because I was all togged up in 'Indian, Indian' clothes.
Finally I reached a cross roads and there across the street was a tall (to me) woman, dressed elegantly in black, who I recognised as Onedia immediately. Oh it was so exciting to travel to the other side of the world and meet up with a blog friend you have only read--like old time meeting of pen friends!!
O and I then headed to the food court in the mall where young Katha was enjoying a morning's shopping and decided to eat brunch at the restaurant there. We had the most amazing baked apple pancakes, which I can still taste! And we talked and talked!! I did wonder if O could quite understand my accent. But it was grand.
After the brunch, O called Katha, who came and took pictures of us, after which O and I caught the local train, me to get off at Jackson to go listen to a bit of the Chicago jazz festival which was on and O to head out somewhere, where Katha would meet her later.
I don't usually put up pictures of me here, so the picture of me & O will go to another blog. But here is the picture of the lovely gift O gave me, (which she made keeping in mind our 'Auras' as showed up on a fun quiz in Facebook). O said that it is a friend heart and I have noted that a pendant like this is there on her Fiery Hearts blog

Thank you for the beautiful gift and the great time O! I do hope you and Mathew will be able to make a trip to India sometime.

4 comments:

  1. How lovely for you both:)And a wonderful gift from O!

    I've now met 3 of my blog buddies, and I was delighted to find that were all as genuine as their blogs too.(I can also confirm that Sy from The Wheel is Turning IS really nuts! I laughed non- stop for nearly 2 hours!)

    You read lots of negative things about the net but there are so many positives too:))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Susan, It was a lovely day, I just discovered your post because I have not been reading other blogs for some time. I have had to cut them down to just those that are my most treasured or I read none at all. You of course are amongst that few.

    I won't be writing much at Onedia in the Ozarks because I will be writing weekly columns at Bull Shoal Beacon (continuing the liberal in the south) commentary and I am preparing to launch the new Fiery Heart Designs sitye which will include both my studio and Matthew's.

    Look forward to my chance to come your way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How lovely for tthe two of you - and I do envy you so much . I have met a lot of my blog buddies but you two are my oldest and dearest blogging friends and I wih we could meet some day. For the time being it will have to be virtual coffee only !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, so wish we could all meet together someplace, with lots of chocolate and wine thrown in of course!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Do give your feed back.